Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It's all humbug!

Messing about with humbug shapes using scraps of needlefelted fabric, I made these two pincushions. I always need another pincushion!


(Click on photo for bigger image)


I made the first, the red one, with the seams to the inside, the second with the seams on the outside.


(Click on photo for bigger image)

It's a tube, made from one or two rectangles (my pairs of rectangles were the same width but different lengths, so the seams are not lined up. Altering the proportions of the rectangle(s) changes the shape of the humbug). For the third side, put the seam(s) in the centre, for the fourth side fold the other way and put the seam(s) at the side. Don't forget to leave a gap to turn out.

I was playing with these because I was thinking of making some small bags and toying with the idea of using this shape for feet................

No comments: